Monday, December 12, 2011

I am charged with some transaction which I have never done through my citiban credit card.

I reside in India and hold a Citibank Credit Card.In the third week of June 2008 when I was enquiring my account details I came to know that I have been charged with five nos of online transactions through Paypal. All the transactions have been made on 18th June.I immediately lodged complaint with the credit card provider. They told that they would investigate the matter.I have not made any transaction through my credit card in last four months. But I do not understand how it could be made possible.The credit card is with me and I have not handed over it to anyone.Besides, every transaction through that credit card is confirmed only after the IPIN is entered after providing the credit card number along with the CVV no. and the date of expiry. Then how could it happen ?|||Maybe another card was sent and someone intercepted it? Maybe someone went through your stuff and wrote the number down.|||You ought to check with your credit card provider to investigate this issue.





1) Always make sure that your credit card details (number, expiry date, CVV number) are under lock and key.


2) Don't part with your card even to those who claim to be coming from the bank.


3) Never open suspicious emails and don't enter your personal, financial and confidential information into unknown websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment