Thursday, December 15, 2011

Isn't it fraudulent to be charge online payment twice for the same transaction in 2 consecutive dates?

I paid for my passport and for a friend's travel visa with my visa debit card online. The next thing I knew is that I've been charged twice for a single transaction twice.





My passport cost $65 and visa cost $144. I made a saperate payment on the 6th april for $65 and $143 and these payments (65 and 144) was taking from my account on the 8th and on the next day 9th another payment of (65 and 144) was taken.





The worst part of this matter is, this payments has taken my account beyond my authorised overdraft limit and now I'm being charged 拢5 per day.





I went to the bank to explain but was told to contact the people I placed an order with, as it must have been an error and i should ask for ask for a refund and I've got nothing to do with Halifax.





What I believe is that an error won't process your money a day after the original payment, it will process it similar time to the first payment. And I didn't use my card with this people other than the one single time I paid for a passport and a visa





Now what I want to know is, where do I stand if I want to claim with my bank that my card as been fraudulently charged multiple times for a transaction?





Who's going to be responsible for the overdraft charges as I've used this because of the illegal transaction. Should Halifax be responsible?





Please make suggestion. Thanks for reading and I look forward to your help|||Calm down. Fraud? Hardly. Bureaucratic incompetence? Far more likely. Have you talked to them? What YOU believe is irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment