Thursday, December 8, 2011

My transaction not showing up on my online banking account?

yesterday evening i purchased an item online. i put in my credit card number, expiration date, billing address, all that jazz... and recieved an email confirming my order. however, the transaction has not yet shown up or been deducted from my account. is this normal... does it sometimes take several days to show up and be deducted? could it possibly have something to do with the fact that it obviously hasn't been shipped yet, since today is labor day?





any help would be appreciated.|||Banks are closed for Labor Day. No transaction will hit until tomorrow.





For a credit card it depends on the merchant terms on how the item is processed and when they release the file to the processor. The posting can take a couple of business days.





Further, most merchants don't charge the card until the merchandise ships.|||I would definitely think it being labour day has something to do with it. It's not the exact same idea, but one Friday I deposited a paycheck into the ATM and it didn't show up until the next monday or tuesday. I'd wait until tomorrow, and if it doesn't show up then I'd speak with the bank or the website. Not to scare you or anything, but was it a reputable website?|||Credit card transactions can take several days before posting.|||it can take a few days for transactions to appear

No comments:

Post a Comment