Thursday, December 8, 2011

Will I get charged interest for this atm transaction with my credit card?

I've been using my credit card for a while now, but have never had to use it at an ATM for cash withdraw. I need to withdraw about 200 dollars and will pay it back in about two weeks. How much will I be charged in interest, if anything.





My APR for purchases is 0% for the first year which I am still in. My APR for cash advances (which is what this might be, I'm not sure) is 25.24%. My penalty APR is up to 29.99%, which can be applied if I make a late payment, so I don't think that matters until I'm out of my first year, but I'm not sure. Paying interest: We will begin charging interest on cash advances and balance transfers on the transaction date.





Thanks|||you'll be charged a cash advance fee and you'll be charged interest fo every day you have the money.





25.24% is your annual interest rate so divide this by 365 and multiply by the number of days (you said 2 weeks - so 14).





Total fee for borrowing $200 is





$10 + 14 * (.2525 / 365) * 200 = $11.93 (call it 12 bucks)





hope this helps|||You will be charged a cash advance fee of 3% to 5%, depending on your card terms. Interest at the higher cash advance rate will begin to accrue immediately.





Cash advances are pretty expensive. You would have been better to just charge things on the card. Purchases have an interest free grace period if you pay the balance in full every month.|||You will be charged just for sticking it in the ATM. If it is only $20, consider yourself lucky. With the rates you are paying, maybe you need to get rid of the card.|||If anything? What part of "We will begin charging interest on cash advances and balance transfers on the transaction date" is unclear to you?|||It is a cash advance. You pay 3% transaction fee and you pay interest of 26 cents on every dollar. Sorry Cash Advances do NOT come under the o%|||you will probably get like a 20$ cash advance fee too

No comments:

Post a Comment