Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can I restore my system on its state last Oct 3 even if I didn't made a restore point for this date MANUALLY?

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit edition.As far as I know in Vista,restore points are created automatically.Today is October 19,2007.I am planning to do a system restore because my Disk Defragmenter window is not opening and I cannot install 6 important updates because my Windows File system transaction log was corrupted.I was hoping that maybe doing a system restore would fix my problem.|||If you've not turned off the feature AND your PC was turned on and running at the point it was meant to take a checkpoint, it should have taken a checkpoint all by itself.





So see if you've got a restore point in there for the date you want... if you haven't, then something prevented it being taken.





Why pick on 3 Oct anyway?





And wouldn't you be better off fixing the transaction log?

No comments:

Post a Comment