Sunday, December 4, 2011

How far out from date of purchase can you dispute a credit card transaction?

I bought a used car from a dealership and it was stolen four days later. They never processed any of the paperwork for title transfer with the DMV so I would like to dispute the purchase on the basis of never being given title.





I called the dealership and they said that it was still in their pending file though they could not explain why. I did not have theft insurance so I would really like to recover my money if I can.|||The usually time frame is 90 days but like someone else said that particular card should have discloures on the back of your credit card statement to explain what you can do in this case.





I would like to tell you that I had a similar experience (not as big though) I first bought my car although not new new but used (new to me) my license plate was stolen in 2 days of having the car ~ the dealership told me it was still pending as like you and they were able to issue me a new one without me being involved ~ in your case you should be able to get something ~ the title was never transferred sooooo....seems like the car was still their property ~ however the down side you signed tons of paperwork and drove it off the lot and I'm guessing somewhere in that paperwork there are stipulations ~ check it ~ technically the owner is responsible ~ the DEALERSHIP|||You have up to 90 days to dispute the charge.





The car dealer has paperwork that you signed however, I'll bet, so they can prove the charge is legit. My guess is that it won't be reversed. You can try however.|||Check your credit card statement - it will tell you.|||most major credit cards will give you about 6 months. It depends on the bank who issued the card, i would call first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment